Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Potty Training 4/7/10

Remember when I attempted to potty train Reese a couple of weeks ago and was unsuccessful? Well, I think we've done it this time!!

First thing Wednesday morning, we traded out the wet diaper for a pair of princess panties. Reese was excited at first, but immediately discouraged when moments later we had an accident. She begged me for a diaper, as she usually does during potty training attempts, and this time, I didn't cave in to her demands. The entire day that day, Reese wore panties and has remained in them since......except for at night time, of course! I'm SOOO proud and I can tell she is too! I just can't believe we are well on our way to being completely potty trained! Today we ventured out to our story time at the library in panties and we ran several errands afterwards, IN PANTIES!! YAY! She's gotten really good at telling me when she needs to go potty but I still ask her constantly through the day.

Here's a funny potty training story.........when we have to use the restroom in a public place, we use special toilet liners that have castles on them. These liners are disposable, which is nice and convenient, but Reese doesn't like that idea of "disposable" anythings if there are castles on them. After using our first castle toilet liner, I proceeded to flush it down the toilet once Reese was finished with the potty. She stood there in complete disbelief as she watched her castle liner disappear down the toilet. She got so upset, which I had no idea was going to happen, and said "Mommy, you don't throw my castles away!!!". So, from now on, we leave the pretty castle and princess liners displayed on the toilet when she's finished with it. Maybe someone else wants to use it?? Ewwww!!! I'm such a germaphobe and I don't like that my sweet little baby has to use public toilets, even with liners. But, we have no other choice so I'm learning to live with it!
Reese loves her room so much! She also loves books so much! Here she is sitting quietly in her "big room", reading a book with her mouse, and wearing her princess panties! I think this was day two of potty training! Playing outside!! Reese loves to do somersaults and now she can do them even better since she doesn't have to carry around extra weight wearing diapers!! ;)

1 comment:

The Frasiers said...

She looks so cute in her big girl panties!!