Monday, December 15, 2008

Reese's 15 Month Check-up 12/15/08

Today was Reese's 15 month appointment. We had the 4th DTap shot plus a FLU shot, which Reese was not happy about. I think she knew the shots were coming. She was playing and so excited until the shot nurse entered the room. I think Reese saw the shots and knew what was about to happen because she came over to me, got real quiet and looked at the nurse as she was getting everything ready and shook her head no a few times. Poor baby screamed and was terribly upset. She really is a growing machine! She is 24 pounds 2 ounces (75th percentile), 32.5 inches long (97th percentile), and has a head circumference of 18.5 inches (75th percentile). So, we have one big girl on our hands and I'm having a very hard time carrying her these days.

This is a new ouchy and we are so sad that it happened on Reese's poor face but we are so thankful that it wasn't any worse. Reese was carrying one of her little hard covered books when she tripped and didn't let the book go. She was holding the book in her hand so when she went to brace her fall, the book scraped up the side of her beautiful face and left this horrible looking scratch. It's healing well and looks like it's past the infection stage, thank goodness.


Also, as you can tell by this picture, I've been able to make a cute little ponytail with Reese's hair. Yay! I was so excited to be able to do that. I think it's so cute plus it's really fun for Mommy to play with her baby's hair! ;)

No comments: