Friday, March 20, 2009

A Reese Update 3/20/09

Reese turned 18 months almost two weeks ago. When we went to see her pediatrician for her well visit, things went great, as usual. Dr. Leon was impressed with how advanced Reese is and how she is interested in her little potty so young. She said that Reese announcing the need for a new diaper was the first sign of her interest so, I would say, Reese has been interested for a while now. She does use her princess potty like a big girl. I haven't even started trying to potty train her, she's just been doing it on her own when she wants. Dr. Leon said don't force anything since Reese is so young but one day very soon, we're going to have a potty day and see what happens. We might have a potty trained baby at a young age, which would be very nice, or, we might not. Reese is in the 97th percentile for her height, which I don't think is a surprise. She's remained in that percentile almost from the beginning. And, she weighs a healthy 26lbs.

I can't really think of anything new that Reese does since last time. She still talks a whole bunch and still repeats everything. I've been trying to watch my language around her. One word Reese has repeated that I'm not proud of is "shoot". But that would be the worst word I use so I guess she can't pick anything up worse than that. What else......she's still super playful and outgoing and loves babies and storytime. She's counting (I'll say one and she says two and so on) and knows a little bit of the alphabet and still loves to sing nursery rhymes. She loves her neighborhood friends and we are so excited for the people that have and will be moving in our neighborhood. There are lots of little kids. YAY! The one thing I've noticed is that all of our neighbors with children have had them later in life, like in there early to late 30's. It's funny how things change over time. I think when I was born, it was the "have babies in your early 20's era". Or at least it appears that way. Anyways, we love our neighbors and they are all so much fun and so nice. We still love our neighborhood too. It's so peaceful, when the workers aren't building houses, which would be at night time only because they are building like crazy right now, and it's so beautiful!! Reese loves to be outside and go on a walk. She definitely likes to tell whom ever she is with what she wants to do. Oh, one of my favorite things Reese says is "hold you" when she wants to be held. Reese's favorite color is yellow and she loves to point it out. What else........There are just so many things Reese does these days that it would be so hard to list everything. She's so precious!!!!

No comments: