Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Phrases and Recent Reese Pictures 2/24/10

Reese listens intently to just about everything she hears and she doesn't usually forget it. She'll pick up anything she hears and say it so we've definitely had to become more cautious with words we were using and listening to, for instance, on the radio. We thought we used a pretty safe vocabulary at home, but once we examined Reese's vocabulary, we realized we definitely need to be more careful! One word that I say often is "shut-up"! I don't use it in the context of "shut-up and be quiet/stop talking now", I use it in the context of "shut-up, no-way, are you serious!". It took us hearing Reese use that word to make me wake-up and realize just because we don't use "real" bad words doesn't mean that we aren't using words that we don't want our precious baby to hear or use. :)

Now, for some adorable phrases by Reese! Reese usually wakes up in the morning with a huge smile on her face and immediately starts the talking! She likes to ask "What doing today Mommy?". And then, she'll usually answer her own question before I get a chance to. Today, I told her we needed to run some errands, like go to Costco and......... just as I was about to finish our to do list, she interrupts me and says, "Oh, I know!!! We go to Costco and Wal-Mart. Go shopping!". Haha! It's funny because even though Wal-Mart wasn't on the agenda today, it usually works out that way, where we go to Costco and then to Wal-Mart because they are right next to each other in Plano. It's cute how she knows that and associates the two together.

Another cute thing from today was, while waiting in the Sprint store to return a phone, Reese pulled out a little pocket sized note pad covered with Disney Princesses on the front. She said to me "Mommy, I'ma read Bible stories to you! K?"! Ofcourse, I replied "k!!" and anxiously waited to hear the cute little story that she was about to put together and tell me. It started out with "One time........" and she went on and on using her arms to tell an elaborate story!

A Few Funny Reese phrases:

*Check this out.-this phrase sounds funny coming from our little toddler girl
*What's going on?
*What you guys doing?
*I have stinky breath.
*Momma, you gotta be a good girl and be happy and have fun wif (with) Reese. K, Momma? You understand?
*Bye, See ya later, Have fun!-this is said at the end of every phone conversation she has.
*What sounds?- aka what is that sound?
*You dirty rat!-HA! This is one she picked up from daddy! Daddy uses this phrase often and it was hilarious to hear Reese use it back to him the other day.

One of Reese's favorite things to do is play dress-up! She loves to wear her tiara, which she calls a "princess" and spin around saying, "I'm a princess!!!!!".
/>
Reese riding Clifford!


This is our babies wild hair after she had an afternoon nap! It was hilarious how it was sticking straight out everywhere!

No comments: