Saturday, February 27, 2010

Shapes, Colors, Camera, & iPhone 2/27/10

Reese has been practicing her shapes and colors for a very long time, along with her alphabet and numbers, and everything else that there is for her to learn, which is a lot. It's just amazing how quickly she (and all babies) pick things up. She loves reading and playing learning games. I videotaped Reese going over her shapes from one of her books (oval, square, rectangle, heart, star, diamond, circle, triangle). I guess she's known shapes, colors, the alphabet, and counting to 13 for awhile, we just practice them over and over again so she's gotten to where she can recall them really fast, where she doesn't have to think about it. Reese also knows "hi" in Chinese and Spanish. We have been working on counting to 20, which, once we reach 13, she usually jumps to 18 and continues to 20. We've also been working on learning what the actual letters of the alphabet look like. She knows almost all of them. There are a couple that she gets mixed up on, like the letter M, she likes to call a W! Reese also knows how to spell her name!! Good thing her name only has a few letters!

A few other important things she's learned on her own are how to work my iPhone and my camera. Now this really amazes me. She can actually unlock my phone by herself, and scroll thru the apps to find the Monkey Preschool app she likes to play. She even knows how to quit playing the Monkey app to switch to a different app. I never sat down and showed her how to do this just for the fact that it's technology and that's the last thing I expected our little toddler to be interested in. But, as we all can see around us, times have changed and babies these days are practically born with their iPhones and computers. It's just crazy. As for my camera, Reese likes to look at the "bootiful" pictures of herself, so she managed to figure out how to turn it on and scroll thru the pictures. I barely know how to work my own camera myself!! I think Reese is better at it than me. What are we going to do? I really don't just let Reese play with these kind of things whenever she wishes. For one, they aren't toys to play with and secondly, we have better things to do. So usually, when Reese disappears in the house and it gets real quiet, I know that she's up to no good, which means she's usually hiding somewhere with her Mommy's phone or camera! I had no idea that keeping things like my camera and iphone away from her would be such a challenge.

I also just wanted to post a couple of other phrases of Reese's that I think are so cute!!
I love it when Reese says something is "berry berry important". She says it's berry berry important to go to the park and it's berry berry important to go to the store. :)
I also love how she "needs to check somefing out". She needs to "go in the backyard to check somefing out".
There are just so many adorable little sayings by Reese that make me laugh so I like to share them before I forget and she's moved on to a new saying.

No comments: