Friday, February 12, 2010

What's New 2/12/10

The most exciting new news that most of our friends and family already know, is that we are expecting baby number two!! That's right!!!! Reese is going to be a big sister. She's going to be such a great big sister, I just know it! I see how nurturing she is with her little dolls and how she loves to sing "Rock-A-Bye Baby" to them and how she makes sure they sleep tight with blankets.......it's just too cute and it melts my heart. I can only imagine how much she's going to love having a real baby to help Mommy with! What a blessing!

I'm 13 weeks pregnant now and I've experienced some severe bouts of morning sickness, which turned out to be allday sickness for me! I wasn't that sick with Reese so it was a little bit shocking to be so sick this time around but I think I've almost made it completely through the sickness stages now that the first trimester is coming to an end. My sickness is one of the reasons the blog was neglected but hopefully that'll change.

I can't believe our little princess is almost two and a half years old already! She's very active and playful and has the sweetest demeanor. It's so good to hear her use her manners constantly. That always makes me proud. She's still a great communicator, which makes conversing with her so fun! Some of her little phrases are so cute......I wrote down a few so I wouldn't forget and I try not to correct her because there are only a couple things that she says improperly and it's just too cute to correct. Plus, all it takes is correcting her once and then she won't say it anymore.
When Reese is scared, she'll say "I'm scary", instead of "I'm scared". This occassionally occurs when it's dark in some part of the house that she wants to go to. Another cute saying of hers is "I can't understand". She says this sometimes when she's upset with her sad voice and it makes me laugh inside. It's just sooo cute to hear her say. Another phrase that she actually uses all of the time is "Momma, whatmy gonna do?", instead of "Momma, what am I gonna do?". It's just funny how she get's concerned about things like not being able to find her shoes and so she has to wonder what she's going to do, like she's debating a terrible dilema. And, I do know, at the age of two, not being able to find your shoes is actually a very terrible dilema!!! Reese is also very inquisitive! I had no idea that the "Why Momma?" and "how come Momma" would start when she turned two, but it has and she sure does ask lots of questions. Reese is also very good at being specific and giving instructions. She likes to say, "Mommy, do this.........put your arms out in front like this, and spin around, and jump and catch the stars, then do this........". I just say, "Yes Ma'am!" and follow her instructions!

Reese is going to be a preschooler this Fall!! I can't believe it! I just registered her for school at the beginning of February at Friends in Christ Preschool. We wanted her to go to preschool to learn and not just be watched while she plays, like a daycare. That's what we do at home is play, play, and more play. So, a couple of Reese's friends attend this preschool and love it so I think Reese will too. Reese's birthday is September 9 and the cut-off date for each grade is August 31, which they are very strict with, which means, even though Reese will have just turned three, she will have to attend class with the two year olds. Which, that's fine, but I was hoping that we would only have two years of preschool before kindergarten starts and instead, we will have three. You might be saying, why don't you just wait a year?? The reason is because Reese loves to learn and she's very smart and so I know she'll have so much fun plus, the new baby will be here in August, which I don't think I really have to explain anymore. :) Reese has a huge personality and loves to be around kids.....that combined with her loving to learn=so much fun at preschool! ;)
Here is a 2 second video of Reese making a snow angel for the 20th time! She was starting to get really cold, so needless to say, this was also her last snow angel.

1 comment:

The Frasiers said...

Awe I love all of Reeses cute little sayings! She is so cute! I love her snow angel and I love the cute little snowman! Looks like you guys had some fun in the snow.