Monday, March 8, 2010

A Potty Training Attempt 3/8/10

The other day, I decided to host a day of potty training for Reese. I was very nervous and had the washing machine ready and prepared for the soiled laundry I knew we would have from "accidents". We started out the morning by gathering all 8 pairs of her panties, some decorated with princesses and some with Elmo and flowers. We laid them out and Reese very carefully decided which ones would be the lucky ones to wear first. We then gathered the potty, which she has been using as a stool for months now, and we made sure to set out the M&M's that were going to be her reward for each successful potty attempt. Our pediatrician recommends giving one M&M for making it to the potty dry, one M&M for sitting on the potty and trying to go potty, and another M&M for actually going potty.

So, at first, Reese was very excited about wearing her panties. We made a big deal about it and how exciting it was and how it was such a big girl thing to do! I asked her frequently if she needed to use the potty and she would occasionally say yes. But, unfortunately, we went potty in several pairs of panties until she gave up and begged to wear a "fresh diaper". HA!

The truth is, I'm not exactly pushing her to be potty trained immediately. I think she feels comfortable in her diaper for right now and I think when she is tired of wearing her diaper, we'll know it. It is my goal to have her potty trained by the time baby #2 arrives, but we have a while. I'm sure potty training attempt #2 will follow shortly. ;)

Reese was trying to show how she was wearing panties instead of a diaper. This was first thing in the morning, as you can tell from her penguin jammies, which she calls her "favorite jammies!".
Reese then decided she would show a better view of her panties for the picture by pulling her bottoms down. When I see her with panties on, she looks so much bigger!
Such a big girl!!

1 comment:

The Frasiers said...

I love that last pose, Reese!