Saturday, February 21, 2009

More Teeth and Other Happenings 2/21/09

So I think Reese almost has all of her baby teeth in now. Our poor baby hasn't had it easy since she had three teeth come in at the same exact time and I can tell one more is on it's way. I could see her teeth coming up for the longest time. I could tell because her gums where those teeth were coming up kept getting lighter and lighter until they were almost white. And then, there were teeth!! She's really going to look older with a mouth full of all of those pearly whites.

Reese has really become a good listener and her temper tantrums have almost completely disappeared. I guess that's just part of the stages she has been growing through. I would say that I definitely laugh more in this stage than ever before. Reese is really like a little me. She copies a lot of the things I say and do and she even mocks me. The other day when we were in the car, I was saying "Go, Go, Go" to this car that was in front of me not paying attention. So Reese, in the backseat, helps me out and starts yelling "DOE, DOE, DOE". I couldn't stop laughing. She still blabs in her toddler talk in sentences and will throw in a couple words I can understand. I think she knows exactly what she's talking about. I actually do know what she's saying sometimes with her little sentences. She shakes her head yes a lot which helps me to know she wants something. For instance, when she wants milk, she'll say something like this......"deda doe sheow klah MILK mamma" and she'll shake her head yes very confidently as she says it so I know she wants me to get her some milk and she'll take my hand and walk me to the fridge. It's just amazing how her sentences have really started transforming over the past few months since she started talking like that in sentences that had no real words in them.

Reese says thank you all of the time and it makes me SO happy to hear it. She loves to sing nursery rhymes that we learned at our story time and she loves to do the moves. Her favorite is "Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes". Reese also started getting her own "poon" (spoon) when it's time to eat or her fork. She knows which drawer they're in and she likes to get them herself so I let her.

There are so many things our little angel does these days and I'm so thankful that I get to be at home with her every step of the way to be the first to witness them. What a blessing!! Here are a couple pictures of Reese exactly a year ago. See the change!!

No comments: