Thursday, May 7, 2009

Reese, Reese, & More Reese 5/7/09

I haven't been a good blogger for the past three months......but this post is so long that I think it will compensate for the previously missed blog posts that could've been!

Reese just turned 20 months and I can't believe it!! She's such a big girl and I'm so proud of her! I was looking at baby pictures of her the other day and I just couldn't believe how much she has grown physically, mentally, and emotionally. I sure do miss the little baby stage and the pictures of her as a baby just reminded me how sweet those days were. As sweet as those days were, these days are filled with such excitement and unpredicitability. Reese definitely loves to make decisions for herself and she knows what she wants, as I think I always say. Sometimes, it's hard to understand her little words, like when she says "blah" for blanket, but she definitely knows and says a ton of words. I actually catch myself saying things the way she says them because it's so cute!! For instance, when Reese has an "ouchy", she'll declare that she has an "ouchew" and so I catch myself saying "ouchew" too. Most of her words are crystal clear and easy to understand though and it's amazing how easily and quickly she'll learn anything. Her brain is like a gigantic sponge and she's soaking every little thing up. Her counting to five has been nearly perfected and we are working on her alphabet. She'll sing parts of the alphabet and it's really cute. There's so much to learn, so much!! Reese used to love the color yellow and wanted nothing to do with the other colors but now, she's over yellow and she likes and knows almost all of the other colors. There's always something to learn!!
I don't know if this is a girl thing but sweet little Reese loves, loves, loves to be held. She wants to sit as close to you as she can on the couch and cuddle, which I can't get enough of. It's one of the sweetest little memories. I especially love when Reese says "hold you" when she wants you to hold her. I also love how she calls me "baby" sometimes. She usually says "I love you baby", which makes me laugh because that's how I say it to her. I always say "I love you baby", followed by 1 million kisses! Oh, and "thank you baby". She likes to say that too! :)
I love it when Reese giggles! She'll actually giggle when she watches cartoons and she definitely gets involved in watch she's watching, whether she's laughing at something that happened, or shouting out different objects she sees, or making animal noises, or dancing, or singing, I just think it's so cute. Those little giggles of hers make nothing else on this earthly world matter!
Reese's schedule these days goes something like this: wake-up around 9am, have some milk (this is the first thing she wants when she wakes up and she won't eat breakfast until after she's had her milk), she sometimes gets to watch Curious George and Sid the Science Kid while she drinks her milk and sometimes, when she wakes up really early, she gets to watch Sesame Street instead but we also DVR Sesame Street for other ocassions. By about 9:30, Reese eats some breakfast. Her favorite breakfast items are peanut butter on a spoon, Naturals cereal, and sometimes a banana. I don't think our precious baby is much of a breakfast eater. By 10ish, we usually get dressed and play upstairs in Reese's room for a bit. Reese actually, just recently, started going upstairs all of the time. She's so fast too, but she's also extremely careful. She holds onto the rails everytime. I know babies very early on are ammused by stairs and constantly try to climb them, but we never had to worry about that with Reese, until now. She only wanted to go up the stairs if we were so we never had to get a baby gate. Anyways, so, around 11, we run our errands, grocery store, playdates, etc. Reese has lunch around 12:30p and then takes her 2-3 hour nap at 2p. I think her schedule works well for us all. By the time she wakes up, I've had time to straighten up the house for when Daddy gets home (I always want him to come home to a clean house and dinner on the table.........even though he doesn't always get to come home to a clean house. I think he knows that is impossible but more times than not he does get to come home to that!) and have dinner prepared, which I love to cook. So, when Reese wakes up around 5, we go to the gym where we meet Daddy and she plays in the playcenter there for an hour, and then we come home and all eat dinner. Then, Reese has her bath and goes to sleep at 8:30p or 9:00p. Reese will eat almost anything but she definitely goes through phases. Sometimes, all she wants to eat is cheese and chips all day long. That's when it's challenging to get her to eat something else. It seems like there are always phases... :)

So, lately Reese hasn't been too fond of her diaper. She's been walking around the house proclaiming "diaper, diaper, diaper" over and over again, as she holds it like she's uncomfortable. She'll even take her diaper off, which brought back memories of when Reese was about 10 months old and we were having issues with her taking her diaper off. :) (I think there's a blog post about it.) So, I was thinking maybe she's over wearing a diaper and would prefer something more comfortable, like panties. She has been interested in the potty for a few months now, actually. A few months ago, when she first became interested in the potty, we got her a princess one. She learned very early on that this potty was special in that it could be used as a step stool as well, which she definitely took advantage of. I just don't know if I'm ready to potty train yet..........maybe that's selfish of me. I guess I'm just a little frightened about the whole thing from what I've heard about how difficult it is. Anyways, we have been reading lots of potty books, like our pediatrician recommended, and I'm pretty sure Reese knows everything there is to know about the potty. I just need to get over my fear and let Reese show us if she's truly ready for it. And I guess I'll do that by putting panties on her adorable little bottom and seeing what happens......hopefully a mess for mommy to clean up on the floor doesn't happen!
As we all know from the beggining of Reese's time, she's always been tall, which is great. The only problem is that she's too big for her little crib, which is obvious! So, we are actually in the process of preparing a big girl room for Reese. We can't wait to introduce her to a big girl room, which we think she'll love! I went through all of the toys in her room and put the baby toys away since she doesn't play with them anymore anyway! Actually, the transformation to a big girl room will be easy for me since her room is still like a fresh, new room ready and waiting to be worked on! I'll be sure to post before and after pictures once her room is complete! Don't plan on them in the very near future because transforming a room for a little princess will take a little while. Trust me!!

No comments: