My sweet Zack likes to give me a hard time because I go on these crazy kicks where I'll want something really bad, and use it 24-7 until I ware myself out and then it disappears. For instance, remember when I was so excited about my Sneaky Chef cook book. I used it all of the time and made purees constantly, which was a ton of work. All of the recipes were so good and I loved the idea of being sneaky with such healthy, nutritious ingredients. Well, I honestly haven't made a Sneaky Chef recipe in probably five months. Not to say that I don't still cook really healthy anyway it's just that I "was going to use this cook book always and forever" and it's sitting in the dark cabinet all by itself and hasn't been touched in months.
See.......this is what a dinner looks like at our house and it's not sneaky chef. It's real simple and healthy with no purees. Grilled Salmon with lemon, olive oil, and herbs, brown rice, a sweet potato plain, and a crisp green salad with avocado. :) 
So, my new crazy kick is our juicer. I've been using it all of the time and I'm sure Zack knows, and I know deep down too, that it might end up sitting in a cabinet somewhere, untouched for months. But, I'm hopeful and in denial that that won't happen, just like I was with sneaky chef. The latest juice I made was with a bundle of celery, two pears, a hand full of blueberries, two large carrots, and some broccoli. It sounds a little scary but, it was so delicious. Reese loves the juice so much and that's a major reason I juice so often! She needs all of those nutritious veggies and fruits and it's just easier and quicker to juice them for her. She still eats lots of veggies and fruits whole with her meals too! I think our house is like a farmers market lately. We literally have stock of fruits and veggies because we go through them so quickly. 


1 comment:
sounds so fun! I may need the name of this recipe book too!
Post a Comment