Sunday, November 30, 2008

Decorating for Christmas 11/30/08

Our Christmas tree is up and it sure does get you in the holiday spirit and I'm so glad the weather is getting cooler too. I'm really not a cold weather person but I do like it for about two months during November and December so that it feels more like Thanksgiving and Christmas time. We actually considered getting an artificial tree this year for a couple of reasons. First, we thought it would be nice to not have to worry about the little mess that is created by a real tree, which consists of needles on the floor and daily care with watering. But those are the only real reasons we came up with. With a real tree, it's fun picking out the tree you want and the smell of a real tree is amazing. The smell just screams Christmas!! Plus, there's no assembly with a real tree so Zack loves that. Anyways, we picked out a beautiful 8.5-9 foot tree and I was so excited to put it together and Reese was a great big help! ;) But, I think she'll be more helpful when it's time to take the tree down.

This is our Christmas tree before decorations. We had a difficult time deciding where the best location would be for the tree. We really don't have an obvious space for a tree but I wanted us to be able to enjoy the tree and its beauty on a daily basis without having to try. So, we pulled the breakfast table over a tad and placed the tree in this corner by the back door and it works perfectly. You can see it from the kitchen, or when you're enjoying a meal at the table, or when you're in the living room. It was so nice to eat dinner tonight and have the beautiful tree right there all lit up. Reese was probably deciding which ornament she was going to pull off the tree. Decisions, decisions.


"Mommy, you need an ornament right there!"

She's holding her little gold bell ornament and she was about to place it on the tree......and then, she takes it right back off! HA!

No comments: